CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

One year older

Well I hit the 55 year old mark this year in October. A girl at work asked me my age and I said "I am 55 years old today!" and she said " that isn't an age thats a speed limit!".

So here I am a speed limit. A little over half way to a 100. I now can get some SENIOR CITIZEN discounts in some places. This I really don't mind, but I don't even feel close to 55. I mean in my head I am still that 18 year old person who wants to have fun, like sledding...I think if I got down on a sled today I would break a hip or something. I thought of this today as I bought tubes for Beth to have for the snow this year.

I may not be able to sled but I can go tubing!!! I know this because I went last year and had a blast! In my head I can walk the mall for hours shopping, looking in windows, watching people....but now the next day my hips are so sore I have to relax and not do much for the day. The mind is willing but the body is not. Famous words from my father. I now am beginning to understand those words.

I know I push myself to do things because I don't want to admit that I can not do them as well as before. I believe I can do all I used to do but in a more slower relax and careful way. Anyone who knows me well knows I am not careful or slow. I walk with a pace most have a hard time keeping up with, I am so spontaneous it is not funny, I don't look before I leap, I go full speed ahead.

Age is that funny thing that creeps up on you and one day you look in the mirror and wonder who is looking back. I can't be as old as my reflexion shows can I? I have wrinkles where there was none just a few short years ago. I now have white hair, which I do like but it is a age meter to people who I meet. They see the white hair and just assume I am old.

The wisdom I have learned thought the years is such a hind site thing. If I had only known then what I know now. I hope to past this insight on some things to my children.

Well age will come every year and I will get older. I want to live my life best I can, take care of this body I have to enjoy this life with, give wisdom when needed, be able to have a good relationship with my children, make them proud to have me as their mother and be someone they would like to share things with. I do have experiences in life to share.

I would not trade my life so far for any thing, the good and the bad because that is what makes me me. I will grow old, that is the way of life, white hair and all. I want to enjoy my life and not put a number on it because age will keep knocking at my door.

0 comments: